I suggest you ...

Support DropBox even when offline (e.g. no network)

DropBox handles files in offline mode as well, so why present the user with a "network error", provided the relevant files are downloaded. Obviously, with encrypted file names this becomes difficult to manage, but that is something the user might take into account.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rainer ToebbickeRainer Toebbicke shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous AdvisorAnonymous Advisor commented  · 

for android you can use dropsync for real two way snychronization with offline usage.

• Roman LuksRoman Luks commented  · 

"Hi,

I would like to use Boxcryptor on Android in off-line in the same manner as on Windows PC via Dropbox. I explain what I mean. I want to be able to access my encrypted files on phone/tablet through Boxcryptor Android app while being OFFLINE. And after getting Internet connection all the changes that were made during off-line on phone/tablet should automatically sync to Dropbox cloud (with the help of Boxcryptor + Dropbox apps).

Whenever I try to open Boxcryptor Android app when Internet connection is off the app shows message: "Could not create Dropbox connection: Network error.".
        Apparently it is because in my case Boxcryptor Android app is linked with my Dropbox and not with SD storage (on phone).

Am I doing something wrong? Or the current Boxcryptor Android app cannot work offline simultaneously with encrypted files on phone and at the same time also make syncing to Dropbox cloud?

I am using free version of Boxcryptor for Android app.

I hope I made myself clear... but the main question is that I want the same funcionality (offline + auto-sync) on Android device as on Windows PC."

I totally agree.

• Alejandro gavilanesAlejandro gavilanes commented  · 

this is a great option missing. Most cloud drives allow offline caching so having this function would mean it could be used anytime on phones and tablets. Please develop this please :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base